Whether you are looking for strategies to specifically target the mobile user, or an overview of how mobile marketing can fit into your current business process, this article contains essential information about building a mobile marketing plan.
Mobile marketing occurs when businesses employ different types of media to reach out and connect with consumers through their phones. This is becoming more important as time goes on because people are using their smartphones for searching products and services more often than they search on desktop computers. This means that companies have started to invest in things like QR codes which allow consumers to scan them with their phone’s camera and be directed straight to a website or app full of additional product info. Other methods companies use include text message campaigns, push notifications, MMS content sharing and email campaigns designed specifically for a mobile experience.
You may be asking yourself how much money should I invest in a mobile marketing plan? It really depends on your company size and number of employees to determine the appropriate scale. But, you can’t go wrong with at least giving consumers a way to contact your company via text message or even just using one simple QR code that directs them to your website. Once you decide what kind of budget you have, it’s time to create a specific strategy.
When creating a mobile marketing plan there are some things that need to be taken into consideration:
● Where is your target market spending most of their time? On their phones during the day or at home watching TV?
● Which platforms do they use to access different types of media?
● How are they accessing their social media sites? Do they use small screen devices or do they prefer laptops?
● What types of services can be provided to them through mobile marketing (i.e., coupons, extra information about products)?
Mobile marketing may not be for everyone right now, but it’s definitely an idea to keep in mind for the future when creating your long-term business plan. The more you know about your target market and where they spend most of their time, the easier it will be to create a strategy that works best for both you and them. With that said, here is some general advice on how to get started:
● Get Started ASAP – Like many great ideas in business development, if you wait too long you will probably miss the boat. Right now is the height of mobile marketing, so if you are interested in getting involved now’s the time!
● Base Your Strategy Around Your Customers – Don’t try to predict what customers want or need out of their mobile marketing experience, just ask them! Ask people what they like and dislike about it and use that information to make a better overall product or service.
● Keep It Personalized – Utilize customizable text messages, coupons and other offers to give your customers a personalized shopping experience at all times and always be on the lookout for new ways to accommodate multiple users with different experiences. Keeping it personal may cost more initially but the benefits outweigh that initial investment.
Don’t let your business get lost in the crowd of competitors anymore. Set up a personalized strategy for your company today!